Welcome to my Blog!

The Spring Look

By 18:00 , ,


Admittedly this isn't my everyday makeup - I really wish it was and I do go for something similar but with older products that I'm trying to use up (you can view my project pan post here). I think it's a good idea every now and then to experiment using other products in your collection - just for the fun of it if anything, as it really takes away the 'ugh, I have to put my makeup on' feeling that can arise after a while.

This Spring I'm trying to wear a flawless, highlighted look with pretty natural eyes and lips. Ideally I'd wear a lighter base but I just don't think my skin is quite there and I need coverage so that I can use a lot of highlighter without looking excessively 'flushed' (all over red), hot and sweaty. I've decided to go really light on the brows using only the Anastasia Brow Wiz in sparse areas - I usually wear quite full brows with a brow powder although I've come to notice that when I have my makeup done by somebody else, they usually leave my brows pretty much alone. I thought I would take advice from the professionals and try that look for a while and to be honest, I really like it at the moment! I decided I'd experiment with lashes and wore the 'Sultry' lashes from Primark although on a daily basis, I'd probably just use the Benefit Roller Lash mascara* with a bit of Kiko Colour Shock Long Lasting Eyeshadow all over the lid. Lips I decided to keep simple as well with the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk, I went Kylie Jenner-esque with using only a liner but I didn't really overdraw my lips as I wanted to keep them looking as natural as possible. What is your go-to look this Spring?

Products used 

  • Mac Prolongwear Concealer
  • Mac Studio Sculpt 
  • Nars Deep Throat Blush
  • Technic HighLights
  • Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk 
  • Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft Brown 
  • Kiko Colour Shock Long Lasting Eyeshadow in Innocent Rose
  • Benefit Roller Lash Mascara* 
  • Primark Sultry Eyelashes

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Love the look =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty look!

    Lydia // http://lxdia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lip colour is gorgeous on you xx
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty look! I'm such a massive fan of Roller Lash mascara!xx

    Honeypot Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love roller lash too, even compared to the They're Real! xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous look! I used to use Studio Sculpt a few years ago, but I'd completely forgotten about how much I loved it until reading your post. I'll definitely have to go and repurchase it as your skin looks beautiful!

    Alice from Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete