Welcome to my Blog!

Book Review: Life with a Sprinkle of Glitter

By 11:00 ,


'I want you to walk away from this book feeling uplifted. I want you to feel as though you are equipped to deal with something in your life and deal with it in the best possible, most positive way. I want to show you how I find so much joy and enrichment in my life, and how great it can be with just a sprinkle of glitter'. 


I have been a fan of Louise (Sprinkle of Glitter) for literally, as long as I can remember. Years have passed and whilst I don't watch YouTubers as ritually as I once did, I still love catching up with videos when I have spare time and I think it's amazing how much people have been able to achieve through YouTube. Recently I was lucky enough to be chosen as a member of the Sprinklerinos Book Club, meaning that I have been able to read through the book ahead of it's official release date, July 2nd. 

Louise's endeavour into the 'book world' was honestly, completely not what I was expecting. It feels a bit like a life manual at times with advice and first hand stories about a whole host of topics - from beauty and boys to craft and cooking (or 'anti-baking', as it is referred to), as well as a section on online safety, bullying and blogging. The book from start to finish just feels uplifting to read with little tips and advice. For example, I've been really worried about how I performed in my exams at Uni this Summer so reading about Louise's stories about uni was a real comfort, and from then it has felt like an entire weight from my shoulders. There's also a whole host of funny stories about some of her first dates - the 'Poo man' being just one of a few!

The book from start to finish really does scream Louise. The cover is absolutely beautiful - a high quality hardback book with polaroid style pictures, doodles and a whole pot of glitter (actual glitter!!). Every page on the inside is different, meaning you can open a page at random and still understand what you're reading about - yet there is still a piece of ribbon in case you'd rather read it from start to finish, just like me. Every sentence that I read, I actually read in Louise's voice - it is well written yet still very personal and like you can really imagine her saying it in a video/real life. 

I think everybody needs a little Sprinkle of Glitter in their life and her book really makes me feel so much more optimistic. It's the perfect buy for anybody who loves Louise but also anyone who really wants a fun, casual read. A wonderful gift for someone else or even for yourself, and having read the book, I would go out to buy it again if I needed to in a jiffy.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. It sounds like a lot of effort has gone into this book and it definitely looks very Louise not just as if it's been written by someone else. Such a feel good book :)

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Louise's book to come out as it looks fantastic!

    lxdia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like a fun read and I can't wait for the book plus it looks so pretty.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete