Welcome to my Blog!

Monthly Round Up - 06/2016

By 10:00

I think it's safe to say that Summer is in full fling now - I say this during the British 'heatwave'. I managed about an hour outside until deciding that it was too hot and coming back inside (where it is always surprisingly cool because of the way the shade falls!)


This month has been quite quiet since finishing my first year of University (hooray!!), I'm waiting on my results which should arrive about Mid-July time. I'm so jealous of everybody at different campuses who have had their results already, the suspense is (not literally) killing me. 

The weather has been very nice for the majority of the time that I've had off, especially now the heatwave is starting so it's been wonderful to spend time outside in lighter clothes. My cat (Angel) has started hiding underneath one of the bushes in my garden on the steps, meaning that everybody nearly treads on her every time they go past. I'm pretty sure she does it on purpose! 

I also picked up some beautiful Mason Jars from B&M for 70p each. It's lovely sitting in the garden with a jar full of cola and ice. I'm thinking about trying to make a slushie to put in them, although I'm a little worried that putting ice in there will break my smoothie maker! (Good idea? Yes? No? Lol). In particular I want to try and make my own Frozen Strawberry Lemonade, a McDonalds dupe, because I love the taste of it so much but it's £2 a pop and feels a little wasteful, especially as I'm having them often at the moment. 

One of the highlights for me was being able to read and review Louise's new book, Life with a Sprinkle of Glitter. I was hoping that her book would be good but I honestly wasn't expecting to love it as much as I do! It's a really easy read but there's fun on every page and I couldn't help but having a good laugh at it. I've also been pretty much obsessed with Dan, Phil and their collab gaming channel, Dan & Phil Games on YouTube over the last month or so. I've loved Dan and Phil's videos for a long time but I never seem to get bored watching them (as incredibly sad as it sounds!!) as they make every video so entertaining and they seem to get on so well together. 

What have been your favourites during the month of June? :D

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I feel you girl! I don't get my result until mid-july either and i'm dying! Hopefully we will both be fine! ;) x

    rawrbows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed hey! Good luck! :D xx

      Delete
  2. Well done on finishing your first yr of uni! I love those mason jars, such a steal at 70p, I have a similar one and its my go to drinking glass of choice haha!

    Lou
    www.BeautyWanderlust.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!
      I know, I absolutely love them! I wish I had brought more for when I have people over haha :D x

      Delete
  3. Those mason jars are adorable, I need x

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those jars =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete